There are many diets plans out there that promise to deliver incredible weight loss results but end up with disappointing results. This is because most of these diet plans lead to depravation and starvation which is self-defeating when it comes to losing weight. However, there are some diet plans that really work and deliver weight loss results in as less as 2 weeks. The secret with these diet plans is that they are nutrient-rich which keep you well-nourished but cut back on calories. These diet plans feature a balanced diet which includes lean proteins, healthy fats and whole grains at every meal.
Whole foods are some of the best foods when it comes to nutrition and even weight loss. This is because in their unprocessed form, most whole foods contain nutrients and fiber which are not only nourishing but are slow to digest which keeps hunger pangs away for longer. Therefore, it is important to consider eating whole foods and avoid processed foods when possible.
With these 2-week diet plans, the secret to losing your desired weight is to eat a balanced diet regularly. You should therefore start with breakfast which is very important to kick off metabolism activities in your body. Breakfast provides the energy to keep your mind focused and body energized which should be a good start in the morning. After breakfast, you can a have a light snack in the midmorning before another light-carb balanced lunch. Lunch should also be followed by a light snack in the afternoon before capping your day with a light dinner. Eating small and nutritious food frequently helps avoid over-indulgence especially common with people who eat 3 or less meals per day. As such, at the end of the day, you will have consumed very little calories without feeling starved or hungry. This is the secret to effective and sustainable weight loss.
The Diet Plan
This diet plan is scientifically designed to provide a healthy weight loss over a period of 2 weeks. It provides up to 1250 calories per day with special attention paid to nutritional requirements. The guideline below is a basic overview of the diet plan which you can switch the ingredients according to your liking.
Daily dietary guidelines
• Vegetables: 1 ½ cups of veggies, dry beans, and peas
• Fruits: 1 cup of fresh, canned, or frozen fruits. Healthy fruit options include; pomegranates, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, grapes, mangoes, pears and apples.
• Grains: 4 ounces of whole grains such as cereal, dry pasta and cooked pasta.
• Meats and beans: 3 ounces of meats that should include lean meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cooked beans, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
• Milk: 2 cups non-fat milk, yogurt, soy milk and cheese
• Oils: 4 teaspoons of butter, olive oil, light salad dressing
Tips for successful dieting
• Plan and prep your meals in advance probably at the beginning of the week.
• Drink plenty of water at least 8 glasses of water every day with a one glass of water before meals to reduce appetite.
• Clear your fridge and of sweet deserts that can derail your weight loss plans.
• Eat slowly so that you don’t overheat as the brain takes longer to recognize that you are full.
• Eat homemade foods as they are less processed
• Add chili and spices to your food; the flavor boosts your satisfaction
• Get a good night’s sleep. Lack of enough sleep often stimulates appetite and can lead to overheating.
Losing weight takes hard work and discipline. If you can follow this diet plan, you can expect to see some positive changes in your general health and even waistline in as little as 2 weeks. The results can even be more impressive if you combine this diet plan with daily exercise. Exercise boosts thermo-genetic activities in the body which leads to the body burning fat stored in the body. You can therefore easily shed up to 5 pounds if you remain focused on your weight loss goals and work towards achieving them. Losing even a few pounds of weight comes with a lot of health benefits including lowering the risk of obesity and other lifestyle diseases. It is important therefore to strive to achieve your weight loss goals and this diet plans helps you start that journey.